B&B Hotel near Windsor Castle
Posted on 5th November 2021 at 09:32
So you’re searching for a B&B near Windsor Castle and there are many options to chose from – hotels, bed and breakfasts, guests houses – even AirBnB.
But what is the best option?
Well, that depends on what you are looking for. If you need room service, a bar or restaurant and are happy surrounded by many other guests from all over the world, then a hotel might suit you. However, since Covid reared it’s ugly head, many tourists and business travellers are taking the better option of booking smaller B&Bs to reduce contact with other people.
See below how the layout of Alma House minimises your contact with other guests.
The Castle at Windsor is the main reason people visit from all over the world. If you have not been then it is definitely worth a visit. Built by William the Conqueror over 900 years ago, Windsor Castle is a Royal home and working palace today.
You can visit Windsor Castle during your stay in Windsor - book Windsor Castle tickets here
Alma House B&B
Alma House is a 12 minute walk to Windsor Castle – see the map below that shows the best route to the Castle. You walk past the shops and restaurants in Peascod Street and then up the hill to the Castle. We recommend that you buy a ticket in advance as this often avoids longer queues.
Alma House has just five guest bedrooms. Two are on the top floor of the house with their entrance at the front of the house. These two executive double rooms share a breakfast room.
Two family rooms are on the lower ground floor of the house that uses the side entrance for access and they have breakfast at the table in their rooms and we have the separate annexe at the end of the driveway which is totally self-contained.
So, no need to be mixing with lots of people!
Is there parking at Alma House?
Yes there is a long, narrow driveway at the side of the house and parking is one behind the other so we always ask you to leave your car keys in the bedroom on the bedside table in case we need to move your car to let someone out.
There is also parking on street outside the house. Parking is metered and costs about £1.30 for 2 hours. Parking is free of charge overnight from 8pm until 8am and you can put a ticket on at 8pm to take you through to 10am next morning. Perfect for a lie-in!
Why Book Alma House over a Hotel?
Hotels in the town centre can be noisy. There is some street noise from the buzz of the town centre and early morning the refuse collectors start emptying the bins so this can be distracting if you are a light sleeper. Alma House is situated in a wide, leafy, residential street and is much quieter than town centre but only a short walk away. See the map below showing walking route to Windsor Castle.
Packing Tips for Travel
Packing for a holiday or business trip can be a chore. But it doesn’t need to be. See our expert tips and advice on how to pack to maximise the space in your luggage and to ensure you have everything you need.
1. Contact your accommodation before you travel to ask them what items are provided in your room. Eg Hairdryers, Phone Chargers. A hairdryer can take up valuable space in your luggage only to find there is one provided when you get to your destination.
2. Create a packing list – writing it all down first means you won’t forget anything
3. Take the smallest possible suitcase and pack smartly – hand luggage is the best and quickest option for getting on and off an aeroplane.
4. Squeeze items like socks or phone chargers inside your shoes
5. Plan your outfits so you only take what you need and mix and match itmes that can be worn more than once
6. Rolling small clothes can help with packing more items in but can also leave them wrinkled.
7. Buy travel size toiletries and pack them in a plastic bag in case of spillages.
8. Add plastic bags in between clothes to use as a laundry bag
9. Pack the clothes you will next wear on the top to avoid disrupting all of your hard work!
10. Travel light – make use of hotel laundry or local service wash launderettes where possible
That’s it for now – there are more ideas for travelling light if you google around.
We look forward to hosting you!
Nigel, Georgia & Team at Alma House
Telephone 01753 862983
Office Hours 8:30am to 5:30pm
Share this post: